Design Coordinator (M&E)
Who are we
Founded in 1992 and with over 700 staff, Galliard is a property development, hospitality and management group overseeing mixed-use, residential, hotel and commercial projects across London and Southern England with a £4.06 billion portfolio of over 7,181 homes, hotels, retail premises and commercial properties.
With an impressive portfolio of award winning developments, we are proud to be considered as London’s leading property developer.
Due to growth we are currently looking to recruit an experienced Design Coordinator (M&E) to come and deliver the M&E design aspects on the projects. You will Liaise and manage contractor relationship including management of design review process, leading meetings and responding to queries and concerns.
This will include;
• Monitoring the M&E Client brief and reviewing Sub-contractor tender packs
• Manage the design issues on projects up to completion and resolution of any problems post-handover
• Liaise with multiple managers from different disciplinarians regarding projects and portfolios
• Managing and coordinating external consultants in their day to day duties related to design and technical aspects of production information
• Oversee the Document Controllers with regards to registration and the distribution of design and technical information
• Attend/convene M&E Design Team meetings to track progress and ensure the information required by site is delivered on time
• Track issue of M&E O&M'S and handover documents, ensuring record are received and filed to issue at handover of the buildings
The successful Design Coordinator must have/will be;
• Previous experience of working in a M&E consultancy environment with an electrical bias
• The relevant qualification BTEC/ONC/HNC/Degree in electrical engineering or building services engineering
• An understanding of efficiency/sustainability
• Previous experience of working on complex M&E design projects
• Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
• Results focused with the ability to work autonomously
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of BREEAM and RIBA
• Strong problem solving skills and understanding of the best practice in Construction Design Management
• Knowledge on Revit MEP (BIM), 2D/3D modelling is highly desirable
In return for your hard work as our Design Coordinator, you will be entitled to:
• 24 days holiday
• Competitive salary
• Private healthcare and pension
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Design Coordinator, we want to hear from you.